Monday, September 17, 2012

Pinterest Recipe Party

This past weekend, my sister-in-law and I hosted a Pinterest Recipe Party and it was a hit! We asked everyone to bring a recipe they found on Pinterest so we could try some of the dishes floating around. There are so many recipes that I could never even attempt to make a fraction of them, so this was a good way to try a lot of different foods at once.

We ended up having a good spread across a variety of courses, so that worked out well. Once I collected all of the recipes, I made a recipe book that I emailed to all of the guests so they could recreate some of their favorite recipes from the party.

 Cheesy Mushroom Pull-Apart Bread, Pickle Wrap Dip and Cheesy Bacon Dip

 Margarita Shots and Italian Sodas

 Rainbow Asian Slaw (my dish) and Crock Pot Fajitas

 Lasagna Roll-Ups, Ham + Cheese Sliders and Spicy Firecracker Shrimp.

 Desserts! Apple Crisp, Peanut Butter + Graham Cracker Balls, Dark Chocolate, Pisatchio + Roasted Sea Salt Cookies, and Iced Pumpkin Cookies

 Peanut Butter + Nutella Cresent Rolls and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles

My favorites were the pull-apart bread, the pickle wrap dip, the ham + cheese sliders and the dark chocolate pistachio cookies. I tried a little bit of everything though and it was all good!

It was such a hit that we are now planning a holiday party where guests bring Christmas cookies and we'll have a few selected crafts that each person can create. Now that's a party I can get behind!

No comments:

Post a Comment