Friday, August 24, 2012

DIY: Painted Shutters

I love the outside of our house. I think the mix of brick and wood siding looks really nice and overall, I think we have good curb appeal. Ever since I painted our front door blue, I've wanted to paint the shutters, too. I figured it would tie everything together a little bit more. Plus, I still had a lot of leftover paint from painting the bathroom and the front door, so why not?

Here is a part of our house (yes, I am a weirdo and will only show half of our house because I don't want creeps on the internet finding out where I live. This is only part that matters for this post anyway.) This was before I painted the door or the shutters.


If you recall, this is what our door looks like now. 


And here it is with the shutters painted!




At first, I wasn't too sure about it. But I like it now. While I was painting the shutters, two neighbors commented that they had never even noticed we had shutters before. So now they are much more noticeable and I think it ties the outside of the house together. 

The only thing I would have done differently is primed the shutters first. They are plastic, so the paint probably would have gone on a little better if they'd been primed. But if we need to repaint them in a few years, it won't be a big deal. I only spent about 1 1/2 hours to do this! 


No comments:

Post a Comment