I bought a pack of seven 12" x 12" canvases at Michael's and taped them together so the pattern would be consistent across all of them, but planned to space them about 1" apart on the wall so it would cover more space.
Figuring out the chevron pattern and keeping it straight was the hardest thing about this project. The fact that you have to tape it twice doesn't help, either.
As far as the paint colors, I just picked four or five bottles of craft paints. I didn't really have a color scheme in mind, other than I wanted it to be bright since our room tends to look a little like a dungeon sometimes. Our house has very few overhead lights, so we rely on lamps, which don't really brighten up the room much. There are a lot of things I want to change in the bedroom, but I've mostly focused on the more public rooms of the house since we moved in.
Anyway, on to the results of my project.
(I may or may not have just thrown the comforter on top of the rumpled sheet so I could take this picture.)
As you can see, it looks a little bit small above our California King bed. I probably could have spaced them out a bit more, but with the chevron pattern, I wanted it to look like one piece of art. I like the colors a lot, though, and the gray mutes it a little bit so it doesn't look too childish (in my opinion).
* We are currently in the process of making a headboard and unfortunately, the chevron wall art will not work with the colors or the size of the headboard, so it's going to come down. I'm hoping to repurpose the artwork in one of the guest rooms or at least reuse the canvases for a kid's room in the future. A post about the headboard will be coming soon!